Question:
Can AIDS be cured?
mtdri2000
2006-02-16 01:56:11 UTC
It is a myth that AIDS is not curable. But the research is going on to cure AIDS.
Thirteen answers:
stu_cloke661
2006-02-16 01:56:59 UTC
THERE IS NO CURRENT CURE FOR AIDS
Gerald
2006-02-20 06:02:34 UTC
My hypothesis is that medical professionals should concentrate on a study using a reduction of viral load with alcohol combined with a slowing of the immune response with peppermint oil lozenges for a period of 1-3 mos. Then introduce a vaccine into the patient to stimulate an immune response along with the previously mentioned combination being continued. This hypothesis uses the natural immune system and would not allow the virus to mutate. This could lead to the cure I'm sure all AIDS researchers want to see.
?
2006-02-16 14:48:29 UTC
As far a being a medical cure for AIDS there is none to date. There are societal ways of halting this disease such as force testing and isolation in concentration camp like environs. But the best cure would be education and access to the very things that can stem this epidemic such as condoms and clean needles.
sweetme
2006-02-16 13:48:10 UTC
My dear don't cheat yourself going on to sleeping around believing there's a cure for AIDS when there isn't one. One's life can be prolonged but AIDS is worse than demons so plizzzz put it in mind that THERE IS NO CURE FOR AIDS.
dtymittal
2006-02-16 10:08:51 UTC
no aids can't be cured but the saddness of the person infected by AIDS can be cured to a limit by making him feel good and making him enjoy the rest of his life and allowing him to leave the world with happy face.
ride2cowboy
2006-02-16 10:04:14 UTC
I think that the CDC (center for disease control) may very well have a solution; but, then, that would mean no more money for the doctors. Yes, I do think there is a cure for AIDS. Hopefully, one day, it will be revealed.
Mike
2006-02-16 19:13:21 UTC
Most people don't know this, but there are people who are immune to HIV. The HIV virus attacks T-cells (a type of white blood cell), but how does it know what a T-cell is? There is a specific protein on the surface of T-cells which identifies it to the virus. Some people (noted in certain european populations) have a genetic mutation in the gene for this surface protien, and it comes out mis-shapen or not at all. Thus, the HIV virus searches and searches for T-cells to attack, but it can never find any.
kashakole@yahoo.com
2006-02-16 13:57:29 UTC
yes it would take a whole generation of people to do it however the body can adapt and live with the viruis according to some studies
gonpatrick21
2006-02-16 10:03:53 UTC
still no. but there is a drug which helps to slow things up. cause when u have HIV. it's a retrovirus. ir reverses anabolism and makes it destructive into catabolism. which is dangerous. when the metabolism turns to this stage. it's like being old and the like.
sparkly_squirrel
2006-02-16 09:57:23 UTC
So far, no. But they can prolong the life of someone who has AIDS.
2006-02-19 00:50:27 UTC
yes - its called death
handsome_stranger_of_dreams
2006-02-16 10:20:04 UTC